Subject: Re: ae0: device timeout on 1.5.x
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: John Valdes <valdes@uchicago.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/31/2001 22:05:15
On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 09:25:45PM -0500, Allen Briggs wrote:
> SLOTMAN may be saving you on the 1.4 kernel...  What graphics card do
> you have, and do you have any other nubus cards?

The graphics card is a RasterOps 24S, and I also have an Applied
Engineering QuadraLink card (4-port serial card) installed.  The
RasterOps 24S is unrecognized but works in 1-bit mode w/o SLOTMAN
(this has always been the case, since 1.2), and the QuadraLink has
never been supported, even with SLOTMAN (it's still waiting for me to
write a driver for it... ;) ).

> Nubus interrupts are
> a real pain in the neck.

Yeah... I've tried "delving for video interrupts" as per your howto
(http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/video.html) in the past, but w/o
success.  I may try again; it would be nice to get the video working
w/o having to depend on SLOTMAN (not that I have anything against
SLOTMAN; it would just be easier to upgrade if I didn't have to patch
my kernel every time...).

John