Subject: ae0: device timeout on 1.5.x
To: NetBSD/mac68k list <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: John Valdes <valdes@uchicago.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/31/2001 17:41:57
All,

I've just upgraded my IIcx from NetBSD 1.4 to 1.5.2.  Everything seems
to be working as expected, except for my ethernet card.  My IIcx has
an Asante MacCon NuBus adapter.  Under 1.4 (and Mac OS) it works fine,
but under 1.5.2 (and 1.5), whenever I try to send out any packets, I
see:

  /netbsd: ae0: device timeout

The card is seen properly at boot:

  /netbsd: ae0 at nubus0 slot b: MacCon Ethernet, 32KB memory
  /netbsd: ae0: Ethernet address 00:00:94:61:1c:91

(Yes, it is a 32KB card) I notice, however, that no "mii" interface is
configured at boot (don't know if one should be on netbsd/mac68k).

One final note: I was using a SLOTMAN kernel under 1.4, but I don't
think that was required for the ethernet card to work (I needed it for
my graphics card).

Any ideas?

John