Subject: Easy to follow NAMED & SSHD....
To: Mac 68k NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Benson <mdb299@soton.ac.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/2001 00:37:49
Anyone know a nice, easy to follow How To for setting up Named?
Ditto for SSHD?

Here's my current problems.

Named:

I have no named.conf file and it needs one to run (understandable).
I can't make head nor tail of MAN files for either daemon - I never
have been able to extract the right info from the bloody things. I
need a 'default' settings file for named and info on how to set up
a DNS list.

SSHd:

I have an SSHd.conf in place and it looks identical to the OS X
version, sshd_config (I guess there's a good reason for that ;) ).
However, when I start it it complains of having 'no host keys
available - exiting' twice. It can't find /etc/ssh_host_key and
/etc/ssh_host_dsa_key. The reason being that they don't exist. Is
there a way to first time generate these keys?

I'll get the hang of this one day I swear :).....

--

Mark Benson

aka
	SiliconValleyPirate (EveryMac)