Subject: Re: help with arrow keys
To: Mac 68k NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Benson <mdb299@soton.ac.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/24/2001 19:18:22
On Monday, December 24, 2001, at 06:53 PM, Stefan Jeglinski wrote:

>> I have a mac quadra 700. which seems to be a black sheep. But I
>> was able to
>> get netbsd 1.4.1 installed fine, and 1.5.2 also. But each time i
>> hit the
>> arrow keys the cursor does not move, i get ^[[A , ^[[B, ^[[C, and ^[[D
>> output at the prompt.
>
> You need to install a shell that parses the arrow keys. I
> installed bash.
>
>>  In vi, it gets wackier.
>
> h/j/k/l IIRC. My arrow keys work in vi though, could have been due
> to the bash install.

I had a cow installing BASh so I went with tcsh instead which
handles arrow keystrokes. Let's be honest Apple though it was good
enough fo OS X so I'm not arguing. It has no dependencies either
which is good news for a moron like me that can't seem to get
anything like that right.

--

Mark Benson

aka
	SiliconValleyPirate (EveryMac)
	Kane_NUFC (Yahoo! Messenger)
	SilValleyPirate (AOL Instant Messenger)
	AirportMan (ICQ - 70745942)

"Apple Computer would like to apologise for toasting the Pentium II
processor in public.... But the fact remains the chip inside every
new Power Macintosh G3 is up to twice as fast."

	- Apple Beige G3 advert (Circa 1998?)
	  You tell em boys! :)