Subject: Re: help with arrow keys
To: David Robertson <lego@california.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/23/2001 18:57:41
On Sun, 23 Dec 2001, David Robertson wrote:
> I have a mac quadra 700. which seems to be a black sheep. But I was able to
> get netbsd 1.4.1 installed fine, and 1.5.2 also. But each time i hit the
> arrow keys the cursor does not move, i get ^[[A , ^[[B, ^[[C, and ^[[D
> output at the prompt. In vi, it gets wackier.

Which shell are you using? csh, for example, doesn't know anything about
arrow keys. I use tcsh, and the arrow keys work fine... and if you use
sh, try typing "set -o emacs"; that should enable your arrow keys.

And I dunno about vi... wackiness is fun, but not enough detail to
figure out what's happening :)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 25 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++