Subject: Re: Sleeping an LC III
To: Mac 68k NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Hughes <hughes@interchange.ubc.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/21/2001 01:19:11
Hello everybody,

Did Mr. Benson get an answer to his question?
Perhaps I missed it but I was sort of watching.

I have a similar query ...
I wonder what I would have to configure if say
I wanted to actually put a little toggle switch on the
hot lead to the SCSI drive's power supply, and actually
turn the drive(s) off when they are particularly idle.

How about if I had lots of RAM and wanted to run apache
and just deliver 3 or 4 pages (under 2 megs of HTML)
i.e., no disk access and just deliver from RAM?

Could a regular non-wizard guy like me figure out how to do this?

Thanks for your interest, or any thoughts you may have.

Ken Hughes