Subject: Re: personal laserwriter
To: marc <mcv@wanadoo.be>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/18/2001 19:59:03
At 7:25 PM +0100 12/18/01, marc wrote:
>I found a personal laserwriter(probably NT) that connects scsi or atalk-serial

The IINT has a parallel port and an RS232 (or 422 as that's what the
Macs used). If it has a SCSI port, it's in order to plug in a hard
drive, not to connect it to a computer.

There are three ways for you to use the IINT:

1) Hook it up to a PeeCee's parallel port

2) Hook it up to a NetBSD Mac, with the settings set to use serial,
and not LocalTalk

3) Hook it up to a device for LocalTalk/Ethernet bridging and using
the Ethernet on the NetBSD Mac

The IINT has dip switches with, I believe 8 settings, which govern
the mode for the various ports, and there's 1 or two "custom user"
settings.

HTH
Mike
--