Subject: Re: NETbsd/Mac Installer: error mounting root?
To: Axel M. Roest <axellist@roeroe.nl>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/13/2001 09:19:32
On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Axel M. Roest wrote:

> 2) Where can i find the source of the NetBSD/Mac68k Installer, so I
> can look up what the error 22 means.
>
> I searched on the NetBSD sites but could not find the source of this
> Mac program.

To answer your second question first, the latest, posted source is at:

 ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/installation/misc/src/

and all the releases have snapshots of that directory, at the time the
release was cut, e.g.:

 ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5.2/mac68k/installation/misc/src/

in other words, wherever you can download the Installer, you can
download the source from a subdirectory called "src".	;-)

> I formatted and configured a NetBSD partition with MKfs according to
> the howto from Erik Winkler on
> http://users.erols.com/ewinkler/installguide/installguide.html
> I also configured a disk without any Macintosh HFS partitions.

Bet the Installer doesn't like that. That's the price you pay for being
a trailblazer. Two ways to go: 1) you can either make a tiny, tiny HFS
partition, to satisfy the Installer, or 2) try the experimental
sysinstall method, instead of the Installer. The biggest drawback to #2
is that the NetBSD-ramdisk system won't have access to your Mac OS HFS
partitions, where your sets probably are. There are lots of proposed
methods for dealing with that -- if you do a search over the port-mac68k
mailing list archives for "sysinstall", you should find much.

Frederick