Subject: Re: Net::SSLeay
To: Ryan La Riviere <larz@cbis.ece.drexel.edu>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/11/2001 00:39:38
Hi,

> I have something a little harder this time.
> I downloaded the latest pkgsrc.  I'm trying to build the latest Net::SSLeay.
> I'm getting this far:
>
> [cab:pkgsrc/security/p5-Net-SSLeay] root# make
> ===> Building for p5-Net-SSLeay-1.09
> rm -f blib/arch/auto/Net/SSLeay/SSLeay.so
> LD_RUN_PATH="/usr/pkg/lib" ld  -Bshareable  -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/src/pkgsrc/security/p5-Net-SSLeay/work/.buildlink/lib  -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib SSLeay.o  -o blib/arch/auto/Net/SSLeay/SSLeay.so   -L/usr/local/src/pkgsrc/security/p5-Net-SSLeay/work/.buildlink -L/usr/local/src/pkgsrc/security/p5-Net-SSLeay/work/.buildlink/lib -lssl -lcrypto
> ld: invalid command option `-Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib'
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>
> How do I fix this so it can continue making?  When I did a man on ld,
> those are definitely not options that can be used.  What file do I
> need to edit to allow it to continue?

I just submitted a PR about this because many, if not all, Perl packages
are failing on mac68k and amiga ports. The pr is pkg/14907.

In order to compile anyway, do this:
cd /usr/pkgsrc/security/p5-Net-SSLeay/work/(name of directory in there)
make clean
perl Makefile.PL
cd ../../
make

It should work; I had to do this with four different Perl packages. The pr
would have come sooner if I didn't have to wait for Perl to install on
another machine to confirm the problem...

Good luck,
John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs