Subject: Re: network settings
To: Ryan La Riviere , <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/10/2001 15:19:13
At 10:39 AM -0500 12/10/01, Ryan La Riviere wrote:
>I think I found the problem.  I seem to have another device on my
>network with the 10.0.1.51 IP address.  Now I have to figure out
>what that device is.

Well, you can try finding out the MAC address (ARP lookup table or
tcpdump). Then you can look up what manufacturer has that address
range to determine what kind of device it is. However, with it being
your home LAN, I don't know how big/complex it is, or whether you
can't just check each device manually faster.

What DHCP range is set up in the AirPort? Perhaps the APBS is giving
out that address to another computer.

Just a thought,
Mike
--