Subject: Re: Performa 475....
To: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
From: Alexander Klein <Alexander.Klein@math.uni-giessen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/01/2001 10:58:24
Hi,

At 20:12 Uhr +0100 30.11.2001, Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. wrote:
>>Aaahhh jeezzzz. I guess that rules out an LC/Performa 475 then. I'm
>>not up for finding a newCPU and stuff for it, I live in the UK so
>>this stuff is to hard to get my hands on.
>
>Don't give in so readily! As a matter of fact, I was able to get an
>item (memory adapter for PB150) from a UK website after having failed
>completely to find it anywhere in the US! Quite a reasonable price
>too!

I second that. You may just ask in some hardware-newsgroup, it turns out
that quite a lot of people have spare 68040's kicking around, or you may
even take old laser-printers by HP apart, hoping to find one.

I still wonder, however (getting a bit off topic), how Motorola could
possibly justify the price for new '040s. These are hell-expensive
(compared to modern processors), and, measured by today's standards, not
really worth the expense.

Later,

	Alex