Subject: Re: Performa 475 back to LCIII
To: Mac 68k NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Alexander Klein <Alexander.Klein@math.uni-giessen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/01/2001 10:49:07
Hi,

At 2:48 Uhr +0100 01.12.2001, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

>> Don't worry, Mac OS 7.5.5 will have a whole 80MB (more than enough
>> IIRC) hard disk for itself. I ma using a 2.1GB external IBM drive
>> (I hope) to do the NetBSD bit.
>
>Fair enough. Remember that, as opposed to the second power mac
>generation (the x500s and kin), that machine has only one SCSI bus,
>so make sure you set the external to be something that's not 0.

Also, if you can spare the space on the internal HD, put the system and
data on the external drive, and put the swap-partition on the internal one.
This will speed things up considerably. The only disadvantage of this
configuration is that crashdumps won't work as intended, but then again,
I've only seen one crash procudcing a crashdump, so far.

Regards!

	Alex