Subject: Re: Performa 475 back to LCIII
To: Mac 68k NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Benson <mdb299@soton.ac.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/30/2001 16:16:54
On Friday, November 30, 2001, at 09:40 AM, Mark Benson wrote:

> Aaahhh jeezzzz. I guess that rules out an LC/Performa 475 then.=20
> I'm not up for finding a newCPU and stuff for it, I live in the UK=20
> so this stuff is to hard to get my hands on. I'll stick to looking=20
> for LCIIIs then.... Speed isn't an issue, it's only doing DNS.=20
> Alternatively, are their any LC style Macs that do work and have=20
> 040s in?

Ooooppps responding to myself.... bad form :(

Anyhow I'm back to an LCIII, I bought a different one (it cost =A328=20
with maxed out RAM, about what the other one would have been after=20
I'd upgraded it to 36MB) so I'm ready to install it, I'm still=20
waiting on the LAN card but I'd like to ger BSD up and going first,=20
unless anyone thinks the network card will be difficult to set up=20
post-install?

--

Mark Benson

aka
  	SiliconValleyPirate (EveryMac)
	Kane_NUFC (Yahoo! Messenger)
	SilValleyPirate (AOL Instant Messenger)
	AirportMan (ICQ - 70745942)

Sent using Mac OS X Mail

'When you have nothing to lose, you can shoot for the moon. So we=20
shot for the moon, and we knew if we were successful that it would=20
come down to Apple and IBM. And that's exactly what's going to=20
happen'
	- Steve Jobs - 1983