Subject: Q840AV chip slips right into Q800, right?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Hughes <hughes@interchange.ubc.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/23/2001 01:39:50
Hello NetBSD people

I'm almost ready to roll. Itching to really drill down on the cmd line
and get at the OS this time.

I have my little Quadras lined up, drives readied. I'm short a little
bit of networking stuff (e-net cards and transceivers) and will start
the installs of NetBSD, OpenBSD and debian next week.

And then I realized that to really spiff up the main machine --
a Q800 [lots of RAM, hard drives, etc.] -- I should ask you smart guys
some questions.

Would it not be a good idea to swap a Q840AV chip with the Q800?
The Q840AV also has 4 VRAM chips which I presume are the VR256K SIMMS,
but I'll check. [No Q840AV ever got 4 512K VRAM chips, or other, did it?]

Do you know of any suggestions/liabilities about the chip swap above?

And .. do we have any list members up here in Vancouver, British Columbia?

All suggestions are gratefully received.

Ken Hughes	hughes@unixg.ubc.ca
Vancouver, British Columbia.