Subject: Re: quadra 630 ide support
To: timweb <timweb@earthlink.net>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/21/2001 16:26:01
--ewGIpL7F8xO9lipn

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 12:08:08PM -0700, timweb wrote:
> I apologize if this has been handled previously or in an faq but I was not
> able to find much direct info about this subject online.  I would like to
> install netbsd 1.5.1 onto a Quadra 630 on the internal drive.  Are intern=
al
> ide drives for this mac currently supported by netbsd?

Last I checked, no.

I have one of these machines and a wish to get it working (if you're
listening, Thomas Klausner, this one's for you, and more stable than
the old mac68k, presuming it gets a disk), so if someone (Allen?)
cares to spill on the problems, I can *probably* take a whack at it.

This has to do with all of the Apple ROM and its environs being
basically voodoo to us (by which I mean, undocumented). I think.

> Also, the mac68k booter and the mkfs utilities included with Netbsd 1.5.1
> seem to only work with scsi drives. Is there an ide compatible version of
> mkfs and the booter or an alternative to these utilities?

Can't answer that one.

--=20
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net

--ewGIpL7F8xO9lipn