Subject: Re:Re: Anyone interested in some free 68K Mac's??
To: Christopher Runions <rchris@cableone.net>
From: Ken Hughes <hughes@interchange.ubc.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/10/2001 15:15:27
On Sat, 10 Nov 2001, Christopher Runions wrote:

> I would be extremely thankful if I could have one! I would want a Macintosh
> Classic or a Macintosh LCII

I love Macintoshes. And I have some extra ones here in Vancouver.
I'll be installing NetBSD, OpenBSD and Debian Linux variously
over the next week or so and then there will be some left over,
which I will sell fairly cheaply.

These are only Centris's or Quadra's with SCSI and full 68040 chips.

I would like a Quadra 840AV to mess with [and DSP software for it]
as I like them too and the one I have may be irremedially flakey.

Oh yeah, I also want some nubus ethernet cards [perhaps 3 or 4 Asantes].

For Christmas maybe someone will barter some 9GB 7200 rpm SCSI drives
into my hands ???

So, where are you located?  Are you close to Stanley Park in Vancouver?

You could just get friendly with your local junk dealer or dumpground
owner.

You can find them used in used computer stores, or in newspapers, or
on the http protocol-based portions searchable within the Internet.

But, you knew this already didn't you?  So it is foolish of me to
tell you things that you already know.  Right?

I repeat, where are you?  Would you like to phone and drop by for a
cup of powerful earthy green tea, ... or coffee if you prefer it?

  :-|

sincereliously,

[ Talk to me anybody.
  I'll be quite free in about a week.]