Subject: Re: pppd answer dial in calls
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_68k@icompute.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/05/2001 09:41:36

>>> You did? chmod 600 /etc/ppp/pap-secrets;  chown root:wheel pap-secrets
>>
>>yes and yes.
>>
>>> 1) Use only three fields.
>>
>>The man page says that the fourth field is for allowed ip addresses. I have tried with and without the fourth field, in response to the "None ... let it use an IP address" error. I still get this error either way, when trying to use the auth option.

I have dial-in working.  All mu pap-secrets entries are of the form

name	*	""	*

I've never figured out how to use the third field, but when I put
something there, I get trouble.

The "password" string you have there is probably causing you grief.

auth and login let you authenticate with the normal unix user/passwd.

-dgl-