Subject: Re: Progress Report...
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/30/2001 12:02:33
On Sep 30,  3:06am, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
>On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 07:38:39PM -0700, Space Case wrote:
>> So, I have 1.5.2 running on the system, and have just updated my -current
>> sources.  With any kind of luck, I can get them rebuilt and a system
>> running again...
>
>I'd just make sure you build with a DESTDIR set, follow everything
>in UPDATING to the letter, and just walk through steps when the
>build hits a bump (because it *will*).
>
>Keeping a backup of stuff that the build process may need to
>overwrite from your 1.5.2 system (/usr/includes is a prime example)
>so that you can bail your way back to a working system by way of
>a boot floppy and some pax usage is probably a good idea.

ISTM that with DESTDIR set, it installs and uses the new includes out
of DESTDIR, so that should be safe, right?  Binaries like make, on the
other hand...

Yeah, I don't expect it to be difficult.  Just time consuming.  And, spare
time is something I don't have a lot of...

Thanks,
~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they AREN'T after you.