Subject: Choosing a 68k Mac
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Jennings <robjennings@powersurfr.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/27/2001 23:25:15
I'm new to NetBSD and this mailing list.  I'm hoping you guys can
offer some advice.

I'd like to choose a machine to run NetBSD/mac68k to accomplish the following:

1.  Serve web pages and a Perl CGI chess script.   The pages are
spartan and the chess application is not real time.  I won't have
more than 10 users accessing the site a few times per day.  I have
cable internet access.

2. Run a mail server which will only be emailing my chess users when
their opponent has made a move.

3. Share my cable internet access with my iMac running Mac OS 9.2 and
one or more other machines.

Is this possible on a IIci?  Or would a Centris or Quadra 650 be more
appropriate?

What about serving MP3 files (not playing them of course) to my iMac
and other machines?  I'd like to add a headless and diskless mp3
jukebox (maybe a NetBSD/i386 machine) to my network in the future.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.  I'm really looking forward to
trying out NetBSD.  In all honesty I've never touched a Unix style
command line before so I'm sure I'm in for a lot of, um, fun!?

Rob
--
Have you played Atari today?