Subject: Odd Lockup -- NetBSD 1.5.2 - Quadra 650
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew <mtheobalds@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/27/2001 21:34:35
Greetings.

I have just had a rather strange lock-up on my Quadra.

I could ping the machine, but couldn't ssh or ftp in, but I could use is
as a web-proxy (squid). Very strange behaviour indeed.

Plugging in a monitor and trying to log in didn't help, even though what
I typed echoed onto the screen, I got no password prompt or further
response. I hit command + power and got a prompt, then rebooted it.

Any ideas what the explanation could be?

I have 68MB RAM, so it probably wasn't that, and about 128MB Swap. What
would make the ssh and ftp daemons break but not the squid daemon?

Puzzling. It's also the first lock-up on this machine, which is a shame,
so I'd like to get to the bottom of it. :[

/var/log/messages reports nothing, by the way.

All the best.

~ Matthew