Subject: Re: No GENERICSBC kernel for 1.5.2 -- why?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/24/2001 10:24:24
>On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Michael G. Schabert wrote:
>
>>  As for make release...basically, you would need 2 separate kernel
>>  config files, one for SBC and one for NCR. You would need make
>>  release to create a kernel from each config file.
>
>Deja vu. This is already done in current. I would prepare a pull-up
>request to 1-5, except I have a headless AV mac running 1.4.3 that I'm
>afraid to try to upgrade to 1.5.2 (or current), so I can't test it.

Yeah, you *definitely* do NOT want to bring your AV to 1.5.2 or
-current. I have been unsuccessful in getting anything after 1.5 to
work on my Q840AV. I hadn't used NetBSD on my Quadra in probably 2
years, just using my Alpha for that. When I needed the Quadra to do
NetBSD recently, I downloaded binary tarballs for 1.5, 1.5.1, 1.5.2,
& current onto CD at work, and tried most recent first...when booted
into BSD, it would give an init...not found, & ls in any directory
would show nothing. 1.5 works fine, though. I have not tried the
absolute most current snapshot, but I dud try the one from about 2
weeks ago, still with no success.

Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.