Subject: Re: AE memory size
To: John Ruschmeyer , <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/21/2001 10:15:10
At 11:21 AM -0400 9/21/01, John Ruschmeyer wrote:
>One minor issue, though, according to the Macsense website, this card has
>64k of onboard memory. The ae probe, however, only sizes the card at 16k. In
>looking at the memory sizing code, it appears that we do not even test for
>cards having more than 32k of onboard memory. Is there a reason for this? Or
>did the original author of the ae driver assume it could never happen?

Email Allen Briggs if you can't find it, but there was a patch posted
a year or two ago to fix this.  I thought it would be in the main
deliveries by now.  The reason was simply a shortage of debugging
time for the original author and a (probably spurious) appearance of
a problem with probing larger size memories.