Subject: Unlurking!
To: None <Port-Mac68K@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew J. Hall <psyke@arrakis.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/20/2001 00:07:22
Hi everyone,

just a quick introduction to the list - I've just installed NetBSD on
a mighty IIci (36/2Gb) for the second time. I'm a Mac nut from back
when I did a CompSci degree, although hardcore programming isn't my
thing right now (not sure if it ever was... ;)

I'm using the firewall archive (based on 1.4.2 I think) and
directions from Mr Winkler <http://www.erols.com/ewinkler>. My first
install was to share a modem connection, this time it is to share my
@home cable ... seems to be working very well (and pretty good
download speeds) so far.

My next steps will be to :

1) attempt to benchmark the performance of the NetBSD connection vs.
direct cable into a Performa 6360 just for interest

2) to figure out how to get this system upgraded to a more up-to-date
kernel and

3) to figure out some way of monitoring the firewall side of things
to see just how many hits I get looking for an IIS server ;)

Well that's it from me ... any other Aussies here?
--
Matthew Hall -o0o- psyke@arrakis.com.au
     "How Dogs and Men Are the Same :