Subject: Re: Problems with COMPAT_LINUX?
To: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/15/2001 17:24:08
--jkO+KyKz7TfD21mV

On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 03:41:14PM -0400, John Klos wrote:
> I would like to offer to some of my users the option of using GNU versions
> of sommand line utilities like ls, so I figured I'd grab them from an
> m68k Linux distro.

What's wrong with using the GNU utilities provided in pkgsrc?
They're even localized with patches for NetBSD.

> So I decided to use a couple of my Macs to test this before I set it up on
> my colocated Amiga.

So far as I know, the only ports that can do Linux emulation or i386
and macppc (and macppc has some real difficulties). I could have
just not noticed when m68k support showed up, though.

--=20
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net

--jkO+KyKz7TfD21mV

--jkO+KyKz7TfD21mV--