Subject: Re: Mac68k and IDE
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: David Gatwood <dgatwood@apple.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/14/2001 12:12:55
On Thursday, September 13, 2001, at 07:03 PM, Allen Briggs wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 10:41:01AM +0900, Takeshi Shibagaki wrote:
>> I had worked for MI IDE driver(wdc) implemention. and my LC630 is
>> working now. and I also finished for bus_space_* .
>>
>> Mr. Allen, I sent a patch, but there is no response. Please review.
>> If you don't never look it, I would like to send you.
>
> Ah, my apologies.  I do have a patch that was buried in my mailbox.  I
> will take a look at it very soon.  I now have a Q630 to work on, but I
> am very busy with work until next week.  Perhaps you can share this
> with jruschme@mac.com in the meantime?
>
>> Maybe, I guess some machines don't work if byte-order problem is
>> solved. Interrupt problem must be solved. In the case My LC630 works
>> when ether card exists in LC-PDS slot, but in the case no exist in
>> LC-PDS not works.
>
> Yes, interrupts do need to be solved.  Does Linux have any help here?
> I know that they are using IDE on some platforms.

Linux should help there, as could MkLinux.  On the Mklinux side, we have
IDE support up on the Performa 52/53/62/6300 family, which is a Q630
with a PPC upgrade card built onto the motherboard.  Literally.  The
fact that our IDE drivers are, IIRC, from NetBSD should make it
particularlky useful.  :-p

David