Subject: Re: Mounting Floppies
To: Matthew <mtheobalds@mac.com>
From: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/14/2001 11:43:36
>Greetings, all.
>
>Does NetBSD/mac68k have no floppy support still? When I try to mount
>the floppy I get:
>
>	mount_ffs: /dev/fd on /floppy: Block device required
>
>How do I supply a "Block device"?
>
>If I cannot mount a floppy from within NetBSD, is there a Mac OS
>tool I can use which will copy the raw floppy image from NetBSD/i386
>so that I can boot the computer I was recently given?
>
>Thanks for any help.
>
>~ Matthew
>
>"Whoot!" for NetBSD 1.5.2, by the way. :]

Yep, you use Disk Copy.  That will copy raw floppy images of any
kind.  You may have to change the type and creator codes to get it to
recognize your downloaded image though.
--
Randy Beaudreault

"Spam in a can" - a description of the first astronauts

"Love is like solving the perfect murder.  It's good to be good,
but better to be lucky" - Det. Frank Pembleton
 From the show, "Homicide: Life On The Street"