Subject: RE: Mac68k and IDE
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: John Ruschmeyer <jruschme@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/13/2001 22:26:16

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C13CA3.1AC2E2C0

-----Original Message-----
>> I had worked for MI IDE driver(wdc) implemention. and my LC630 is
>> working now. and I also finished for bus_space_* .
>>
>> Mr. Allen, I sent a patch, but there is no response. Please review.
>> If you don't never look it, I would like to send you.
>
>Ah, my apologies.  I do have a patch that was buried in my mailbox.  I
>will take a look at it very soon.  I now have a Q630 to work on, but I
>am very busy with work until next week.  Perhaps you can share this
>with jruschme@mac.com in the meantime?

Please... it seems like you have the other piece of the puzzle.

>> Maybe, I guess some machines don't work if byte-order problem is
>> solved. Interrupt problem must be solved. In the case My LC630 works
>> when ether card exists in LC-PDS slot, but in the case no exist in
>> LC-PDS not works.

Actually, this make some sense. According to Ken Nakata's comments, the IDE
controller generates a NUBUS interrupt but without the proper bits set. His
answer on the Q630 was to daisy chain an interrupt handler on the Nubus
interrupt that would check the IDE status, call wdintr() as necessary, and
then call the original Nubus interrupt handler. On the PB150 and 190, he
just added a normal nubus interrupt.

>Yes, interrupts do need to be solved.  Does Linux have any help here?
>I know that they are using IDE on some platforms.

It may... supposedly Ken got his information from the people who added 6300
support to MkLinux.

Alan, one other question... who assigns block and character major device
numbers. It seems like we should try to standardize here. Takeshi, which
ones are you using?

<<<John>>>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C13CA3.1AC2E2C0
	filename="John M Ruschmeyer.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Ruschmeyer;John;M
FN:John M Ruschmeyer
ORG:Eclipse Networks
TITLE:Tech Lead- JCDB APIs
NOTE;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:{6}=3D0D=3D0A
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(732) 427-3193
TEL;HOME;VOICE:(732) 920-8030
TEL;CELL;VOICE:(732) 809-7529
TEL;PAGER;VOICE:(732) 944-3098
ADR;WORK:;;10 Christopher Way;Eatontown;NJ;08723;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:10 Christopher =
Way=3D0D=3D0AEatontown, NJ 08723=3D0D=3D0AUSA
ADR;HOME;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;10 Industrial=3D0D=3D0AWay =
East;Eatontown;NJ;07724
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:10 Industrial=3D0D=3D0AWay =
East=3D0D=3D0AEatontown, NJ 07724
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:jruschmeyer@eclipsenetworks.com
EMAIL;INTERNET:jruschme@home.com
REV:20010620T174914Z