Subject: Re: netattalk umich via TCP/IP
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=E9r=F4me?= Duquennoy <jduquennoy@mac.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/10/2001 08:50:59
On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, J=E9r=F4me Duquennoy wrote:

> I had instaled netatalk asun. It could connect to the server via
> appleTalk or TCP/IP, but a few problems lead me to uninstal this
> version, and instal the umich version. The problems are solved (under
> appleTalk), but I can no longer connect via TCP/IP ...
> Does anyone have an idea ?

The umich version is very old, and it never supported TCP/IP. (I
gather that that was the main motivation for spawning another
distribution.) It'll probably be replaced with the netatalk-asun
version at some future time. What problems did you have with the
netatalk-asun package?

> On netatalk, how can I force the remote computer to send a secured
> password ? Netatalk can use both clear text or kerkeros pass, but I
> didn't find in the man files how to force one ...

I don't see any obvious way to do that. You might try requesting the
feature on the netatalk-devel mailing list.