Subject: Re: Mac68k: Trashing a SCSI-Disk with disklabel???
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Alexander Klein <Alexander.Klein@math.uni-giessen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/28/2001 00:16:22
Hi,

At 18:31 Uhr +0200 27.08.2001, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

>> And has anyone any idea what could be done to revive the disk?
>Boot into NetBSD and use "dd" to zero out the first 32k or so.

I tried that, but it didn't work.

It turned out that the magnetic structure of the disk itself was damaged in
a way that made it impossible to do a low-level-format under MacOS.

However, the disk came back to life, when I formatted it using scsictl.

But thanks, anyway!

	Alex

       I had a light that shined across my mind - rarely see it any more
  Now it is mostly dark, except for sparks - can't remember what they're for
                                 - Savatage/Poets and Madmen/The Morphine Child