Subject: Re: moreabaout"German A/UX FTP archive"
To: None <Martin.Leidig@ePost.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/24/2001 16:34:10
[port-mac68k moved to Bcc:]

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001 Martin.Leidig@ePost.de wrote:

: I downloaded these, made a floppy disk and a multisession CD-ROM from
: them and tried to boot my Quadra 840AV from that floppy.  The only thing
: I got was a dialog box reading "This startup disk will not work on this
: Macintosh model.  Use the latest Installer to update this disk for this
: model.  (System 7.1 does not work an this model; you need a newer
: version that does.)"

Perhaps because A/UX is not listed to run on the 840AV -- or *any* of the AV
models, for that matter?

You'd be best looking at an A/UX FAQ before blindly inserting media into
your machine.  8-)

: Is there a place out there where I could get a boot floppy with some
: newer system - 7.5.5 for example (can I just use the 7.5.5 installer to
: update mine?)?  Where could I look up which machine is able to run which
: MacOS and which A/UX version, if any?  Has somebody got A/UX to run on a
: 840AV at all?

http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/English-North_American/Macintosh/Utilities/Network_Access_Disk_7.5.sea.bin

See http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/English-North_American/Macintosh/Utilities/Network_Access_Disk_7.5.txt
for a description of this file.