Subject: Re: Help Required for converting Web Pages to PDF format
To: Tanvij Mulla <tanvij.mulla@wipro.com>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/20/2001 17:24:00
Hello,

>      This is Tanvij here. My team is developing a Web aplication using
> microsoft technology(VB and ASP). We want to convert pages into PDF.
> Can Ghostscript help us in this. If yes, how? Please I would be
> grateful if you can provide some information.

Not necessarily. Microsoft is notorious for having file formats that are
incompatible with anything else. Getting GhostScript to output PDF isn't a
problem at all; getting Microsoft software to output anything that
GhostScript can read is the problem, and is a big one.

In keeping with their fine tradition of breaking other people's standards,
even PostScript output from MS is very problematic (try printing colour
PowerPoint slides to any colour PostScript printer and you'll see what I
mean).

So the real issue is this: what type of file or content do you want to
make into PDF?

John Klos