Subject: Re: Sound on a Q610?
To: Donald Lee <donlee_68k@icompute.com>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/17/2001 05:48:45
> Can I make a sound - like a simple beep - come out of the built-in
> speakers on a Q610?  I want "echo ^G" to give me a "bell"
> rather than a little sqashed-bug-type croak/click.
>
> Model support page indicates that "audio" is supported.
> (macbsd.com seems to be down - can't verify. ;-> )

Audio is supported but maybe it isn't on the later Quadras. I know my IIci
will scream when I put a ^G in my rc scripts, which I use for telling me
when the system is fully up while I watch TV in the other room. :-)

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@stockholm.ptloma.edu
-- Our way is peace. -- Septimus, Son worshipper, Star Trek "Bread & Circuses"