Subject: NFS + OS X -- Nearly there
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Theobalds <mtheobalds@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/13/2001 21:21:53
Hi, all.

In between eating copious quantities of chocolate cake and other such
things, I've still been quietly working on getting NFS going.

I have discovered the following; OS X seems to be a bit odd and requires
the -P and -b options be used when mounting.

This means that:

	mount_nfs -P -b sonic:/home/matthew/public_html html

actually works, as root.

So that's encouraging. :]

How can I make it work as `matthew' (user id: 501), I tried doing
various options in /etc/exports, but none worked, and I'm a bit confused
by the man page on this one. Perhaps compounded by the fact that my user
ID on sonic is 1000 for `matthew'.

All the best.

~ Matthew