Subject: Re: 1.5.1 fails in boot on Q660AV
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/13/2001 11:11:00
On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 04:56:15PM +0200, Stefan Lindstrom wrote:
> My conclusion: between 1.5 and 1.5.1 something was changed that broke
> BSD file system support on a 660AV.

Nasty.

> - To get a working system, should I install all the 1.5 distribution
> sets or can I run the 1.5.1 distro with a 1.5 kernel?

You can probably get away with running the 1.5.1 sets with the 1.5
kernel, but in general, that's not necessarily safe.

> - How do I officially report this problem so that someone can have a
> look at it?

send-pr is a command that you can run to generate (and mail, if you have
outgoing mail set up) a bug report.

I'm hoping that I'll have a Q840AV to play with soon and that I can find
the time to make it work again (and better than before!).

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...