Subject: Re: completely crashed 660av
To: None <josh@ssimr.com, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/13/2001 08:33:57
josh kuperman wrote:

>At some point in the past few days my mac68k NetBSD 1.5 on a 660av crashed.
>The funny tunes and drum rolls after the startup sound type of crashed.
>I spent about three hours trying to recover and then realized that it
>was futile. And given the age and speed of the equipment, I decided
>to abandon it.

As a last resort, on each machine try the following:

1) Pull all NuBus boards, and any AV card, then try to boot

2) Unplug the floppy drive and the SCSI bus AT THE MOTHERBOARD END,
then try to boot

3) Reduce the RAM in each machine to the minimum possible, then try to boot

If none of the above works, my condolences!

Dan Killoran