Subject: Re: completely crashed 660av
To: None <josh@ssimr.com>
From: Lloyd I Freese Jr <dwarf@Op.Net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/13/2001 03:45:13
That would be death chimes and I'm afraid it's a truly bad thing. It
means that the mac found out that an important piece of hardware
isn't working while doing POST (Power On Self Test. Yup, Macs do that
to. They just aren't as in your face about it as PCs). It could be
something as bad as dead chip on the motherboard or something small
like bad RAM or even a really mangled scsi or floppy cable (I've seen
cables do it but only once). Unless it's the RAM or a cable I'm
afraid the computer's dead. Sorry.

Best of luck with the PPC.

--

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid; they are made stupid by education."
-- Bertrand Russell