Subject: completely crashed 660av
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <josh@ssimr.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/11/2001 12:16:26
At some point in the past few days my mac68k NetBSD 1.5 on a 660av crashed.
The funny tunes and drum rolls after the startup sound type of crashed.
I spent about three hours trying to recover and then realized that it
was futile. And given the age and speed of the equipment, I decided to abandon it.

As such I will most likely unsubscribe from this list as I no longer have
a working 68k mac. I was moving toward using a MacPPC NetBSD 1.5.1 setup on
a PowerMacintosh 6500/300, but I had hoped to make a smooth well planned
transition. Instead I'm barely running well enough to email this.

In any case I had moved my tape drive over to the new system, thus losing
the ability to do back ups for the last week. I was going
to change to start using the new system as the server but haven't
configured that.

If anyone is in upstate New York (Capital District/Saratoga Area) and
wishes to own two Quadra 660av's with not quite enough working part they
are welcome to them.

I'd also like to know if it is possible to recover any of the data on the hard disk. It had a tiny mac partition, and the NetBSD partitions. I could not get it recognized.

Is there a guide to all the "tunes" a 660av plays on failure. The first time it I became aware it played sort of a jazz riff after the startup sound. After I started taking things out, it would play all kinds of different noises.

--
josh kuperman
josh@ssimr.com

PS I haven't even put emacs on this yet and vi is driving me crazy.