Subject: Re: Packages
To: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/07/2001 02:53:43
--Boundary_(ID_9ipituvI4JFeDU6bH/Iw3Q)

>That very well may be me. I just completed a package build of 1200 or so
>binary packages and Bob Nestor helped me upload them.
>
>What packages are they? What were the problems?
>
>I'm also working on a system to distribute package building, so all
>feedback is welcome, as I'd like to make this as problem-free as possible.

The two packages I've seen so far have to do with 1.5 and are
GTK+-1.2.8 and HFSutils-3.2.6.  GTK+ installs just fine but the
version reported by gtk-config --version is wrong, 1.2.20, and messes
up a build of some outside source code that depends on the proper
version being installed.  In installing HFSutils I found that pkg_add
reported a bad expand URL when it tried to expand libhfs-3.2.6.tbz.
Oops.

Can I report other package problems to you also?  Thanks
--
Randy

OS X - UNIX for the rest of us
NetBSD - I got it up and running!

--Boundary_(ID_9ipituvI4JFeDU6bH/Iw3Q)

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
completed a package build of 1200 or so<br>
binary packages and Bob Nestor helped me upload them.<br>
What packages are they? What were the problems?<br>
I'm also working on a system to distribute package building, so
all</blockquote>
this as problem-free as possible.</blockquote>
GTK+-1.2.8 and HFSutils-3.2.6.&nbsp; GTK+ installs just fine but the
version reported by gtk-config --version is wrong, 1.2.20, and messes
up a build of some outside source code that depends on the proper
version being installed.&nbsp; In installing HFSutils I found that
pkg_add reported a bad expand URL when it tried to expand
Thanks</div>
<x-sigsep><pre>--
</pre></x-sigsep>
OS X - UNIX for the rest of us<br>
NetBSD - I got it up and running!</div>

--Boundary_(ID_9ipituvI4JFeDU6bH/Iw3Q)--