Subject: Re: Serial Console
To: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
From: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/06/2001 16:59:42
>Just comment out the line in... ttys I think ... that says ttyE0. If
>you were going to use the regular console, you should uncomment the
>"console" line, but DON'T do so if you are going to use a serial
>console.

Which file?

>As far as speed is concerned, just make sure that the speed selected
>in ZTerm is the same as that selected for the serial console in the
>booter.

I figured that one out.

>I don't think the modem port has both RTS and CTS, so you may not be
>able to go as high as 38k, but I have used it at 19k without trouble.
>
>You also want your tty00 to be set for the same baud rate as ZTerm.
>
>ZTerm is great for this sort of thing- it is half as good as having
>a real GUI interface! I particularly like the fact that I can use
>Cmnd-C to pick up a name from a listing and paste it into the
>command line (I am not a good typist!).
>I also keep a bunch of canned commands on the Worksheet in MPW, and
>copy/paste them to the command line in ZTerm - saves a lot of
>re-typing!
>
>Dan Killoran

I got ZTerm and the booter working together.  It's which file do I
have to edit to get the serial console up and running?
--
Randy Beaudreault

"That's a bad thing, right?"  "(sigh) Yes Squat, I think it would be
safe to say that being blown to bits by a volcano would fit nicely
into the bad things category!!!" - From "The Terrible Thunder Lizards"

"Love is like solving the perfect murder.  It's good to be good,
but better to be lucky" - Det. Frank Pembleton
 From the show, "Homicide: Life On The Street"

"This job is ninety percent attitude" - Harry Edgarton, CID
			          Homicide, Baltimore PD
 From the book, "Homicide: A Year On The Killing Streets,"
by David Simon