Subject: Re: Serial Console
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/06/2001 21:23:29
>I guess that means you turned on the login prompt on tty00, but didn't
>turn it off on ttyE0. Change the
>   ttyE0 "/usr/libexec/getty Pc" vt220 on secure
>   ttyE0 "/usr/libexec/getty Pc" vt220 off secure

Thanks to all that helped me, Bob, Dave, Dan, and Matthew.  I have it
now set up so that I'm serial consoled in to my IIci.

This is for the archives, to serial console only into a 68k Mac (run
it headless) requires three mods: make sure you choose the serial
console options in the Booter then turn on the console in the
/etc/ttys, in my case tty00, and turn off the ttyE0 console in ttys.
And not to miss the obvious, hook up a serial cable into the modem or
printer port and run a terminal program to monitor that line and,
voila!, you have a headless beast.
--
Randy

OS X - UNIX for the rest of us