Subject: Re: Serial Console
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/06/2001 14:23:38
>I'm trying to serial in to my Q800 which is running 1.5 to capture
>the startup stuff.  What are the settings for ZTerm and which port
>would =CE plug the serial cable into to to this?  I currently have the
>cable plugged into the modem port and ZTerm set to 38400, 8, N, 1.
>Are these good?  Thanks for any help.
>--
>Randy
>
>OS X - UNIX for the rest of us

I looked through my file archives and found info on setting the
booter to use the serial port and did that and it worked.  Now I'm
getting the same error as I got using the 1.1g installer, the
/dev/ttyE0 device not configured error.  I've read that I have to set
up tty00 with getty to get past that.  How would I do that?  And what
settings should I use with the booter and ZTerm as far as baud rate
etc?
--
Randy

OS X - UNIX for the rest of us