Subject: slooow PPP on SE/30
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/04/2001 20:28:00
Hi,

I am trying to use an SE/30 as a PPP dialer and NAT machine with
userppp ..

I can't seem to get any decent speed (I'm guessing I get around
9600 baud as a connection speed) even though I have set userppp
to connect at 38400 and also set the modem serial port at 38400
in the Booter.

Should I be entering a higher value? (past archives say the se30
can only do 56.7 kbps on each serial port)

I have a working 56k modem attached that works at a steady 28.8
through MacOS to my pppd machine on the other side :|

Any help from people that have done it before?

regards
  Charlie.
--
 charlie@rubberduck.com    Melbourne, Australia