Subject: Re: Kernel Compile Error: Undefined symbol `_iwm_ca'
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Theobalds <mtheobalds@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/22/2001 22:42:16
On Sunday, July 22, 2001, at 03:10  pm, Matthew Theobalds wrote:

> I got my new machine, and someone lent me some RAM until I can find
> some to buy, and it's all been wonderful. :]
>
> However, whilst compiling a custom kernel I get this:
>
> sh ../../../../conf/newvers.sh
> cc  -O2 -Werror -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wpointer-arith -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-main -msoft-float -I.
> -I../../../../arch -I../../../.. -nostdinc -DHZ="0x3c" -DM68040
> -DFPU_EMULATE -DLKM -DDIAGNOSTIC -DGRF_COMPAT -DMAXUSERS=16 -D_KERNEL
> -Dmac68k  -c vers.c
> ld -n -Ttext 0 -e start -S -o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
> ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_iwm_ca' referenced from data segment
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.

Bob Nestor kindly told me that I need to uncomment the floppy support of
"fd*", despite my drive being a Sony and therefore using "iwm0". Having
done this, the kernel built without error.

Clearly this should not be the case, since one should be able to build a
kernel without floppy support.

I have therefore submitted a PR on the matter, which may be read here:
<http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=13531>

All the best.

Matthew