Subject: Re: Anybody have a link to the pre-compiled 1.5.1 packages?
To: Matthew Theobalds <mtheobalds@mac.com>
From: Charles Sebold <csebold@livingtorah.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/21/2001 10:02:34
On 1 Av 5761, Matthew Theobalds wrote:

> On Friday, July 20, 2001, at 09:27  pm, John wrote:
>
>> After this is done, I will be setting up a cluster of Quadra 605s
>> to build any updated and new packages.
>
> Are these supported?
>
> I have just been offered a Performa 475 which appears to be a Quadra
> 605, I'll take it, if NetBSD works on it. (I'll take it anyway,
> since NetBSD will work one day, I'm sure...)

Works great _if_ you have full 68040's in them, not the 68LC040.

I ran one as a web, email and list server for a year under 1.4.1, and
it outlasted an Alpha I had doing the same duty (although it did not
quite outperform it, obviously).  Only recently did its replacement
actually exceed that system in uptime (and only because I took the
Quadra down to upgrade it, not because of crashes or problems - that
is the most stable free-Unix system I have ever had).
--
Charles Sebold                                           1st of Av, 5761