Subject: Re: Quadra 650 or 700?
To: Nico van Eikema Hommes <hommes@chemie.uni-erlangen.de>
From: Daniel Parks <danielp@reed.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/11/2001 19:14:59
At 11:11 PM +0200 7/11/2001, Nico van Eikema Hommes wrote:
>Some additional information, based on NewerTech's GURU and my experience
>with both models:

NewerTech's GURU? What's this? Is it still available?

>Speed difference is not dramatic (25 and 33 MHz, both can be overclocked
>a bit using a clock clip); there's also the Centris650, which is almost
>a Quadra650, but runs at 25 MHz.

Does anyone have experience overclocking a Q650? I'm guessing that
heat wouldn't be a problem as it seem to stay really cool, even under
heavy load. (Even sitting on top of a 6100!)

I found a web page about it, but it would be nice to hear if other
people have had success before I take my Q650 down...
http://violet.berkeley.edu/%7Eschrier/faq.html

Thanks,
Daniel

--