Subject: Re: best way 4 accurate date
To: John <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/11/2001 15:26:58
On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, John wrote:

> I've heard that some systems won't run ntpd if the time is off too much  -
> that ntpd gets confused or something. Anyone else care to speak of
> experiences of running ntpd on machines with really screwed clocks?

My 840AV can't handle "ntpd", even when lightly loaded. The PLL fails
completely, and it just ends up stepping every "stepout" interval.

"timed" runs fine. It manages to wrestle the clock to withing ~100 mS
most of the time. The only thing is, there are no publicly available
timed servers on the internet, so you need to set up your own master,
so it's not a solution if you only have one computer.

Frederick