Subject: Re: Bulding a Kernel
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Theobalds <mtheobalds@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/08/2001 17:52:00
On Sunday, July 8, 2001, at 05:44  pm, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, Matthew Theobalds wrote:
>
>> gellum:/sys/arch/mac68k/conf# config gellum
>> ../../../../arch/m68k/conf/files.m68k:1: cannot open
>> ../../../../conf/files for reading: No such file or directory
>>
>> I get this error even if I do the other method of creating a directory
>> and renaming the "gellum" file to CONFIG.
>>
>> I am clearly missing the directory which is named conf, and with a file
>> named files in it.
>
> It's in the sys.tgz tarball in the -current and -release layouts, or
> in the syssrc.tgz tarball in the official releases, and also with
> "cvs co -P -d src", or "cvs co -P -d syssrc". Evidently, you've used
> some other method of getting the sources?

Thanks for the rapid response, I downloaded
<ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-
current/tar_files/src/sys.tar.gz>, which I assume is the same as the
sys.tgz of which you speak?

I think my "tar -xzpf" command was in "/" so I had to move the contents
of the resulting "/src" directory to "/usr/src/" to create a
"/usr/src/sys" directory. This may have been part of my problem, I don't
know.

I am on a modem, so I prefer to keep all downloads to a minimum.

I also downloaded the <ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-
current/tar_files/src/config.tar.gz> as per the instructions in that
document.

Any other ideas which don't involve getting the entire source of NetBSD?

Thanks, all the best.

Matthew