Subject: Re: new snapshot
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Theobalds <mtheobalds@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/28/2001 18:01:15
On Wednesday, June 27, 2001, at 06:39  pm, Space Case wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have uploaded a new snapshot to:
>
>   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/binary/
>
> This snapshot is based on June 24 sources.
>
> Enjoy,
> ~Steve

Hi Steve.

I updated my system this afternoon with this snapshot; everything was
successful.

However... as with the previous snapshot (June 16 sources), the "reboot"
command causes a kernel panic. This happens immediately after the
machine announces that it doesn't trust itself to update the RTC on
shutdown. I wrote down the precise details, if it will be of any help:

	sd0(ncrscsi0:0:0:0): polling command not done
	panic: scsipi_execute_xs
	Stopped in pid 262 (reboot) at _cpu_Debugger+0x6:    unlk    a6

<!-- 10 minutes of time or so pass -->

For whatever reason, I typed reboot again when su-ed to root (as opposed
to in Single User mode as before) and a panic did not ensue. Make of
that also, what you will.

Final comment, after "cd /tmp"-ing and "pax -zrvpe -f
/blah/blah/etc.tgz"-ing, my root "/" was filled with what looks like the
contents of "/dev". Perhaps the paths need to be verified. I could have
done it wrong though, I just don't think I did, that means little,
however.

Sorry to burden you with these small comments; everything else worked
fantastically, though!

All the best.

Matthew