Subject: Re: Disk parameters for Mkfs for a Syjet 1.5 GB drive?
To: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/26/2001 21:43:25
spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu

>> Has anyone tried to install NetBSD onto a Syjet 1.5 GB drive?  I tried
using
>> the default disk parameters in Mkfs and the drive seemed to format ok, but
>> when I tried to install NetBSD I got almost to the end of the base.tgz file
>> and I got a disk error.  Something about could not find a certain block.
>
>This is a known error, and there's still apparently problems with installing
>to large partitions (>1GB). What version of the Installer/NetBSD are you
>using?

If the disk is already partitioned you can run the sysinst Installation
kernel.  It doesn't have the problem with large disks.

The large disk problem is probably related to a filesystem error in the
Installer.  It runs as an application under MacOS where sysinst runs as
an application under NetBSD itself.

-bob