Subject: Mac IIci and NetBSD 1.5 ficticious disk geometry
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: David C. Hacker, DVM <dh55145@alltel.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/26/2001 20:44:46
I just tried to install NetBSD 1.5 on my Mac IIci.  It has 17MB of RAM and a
230 MB hard drive.  I get a nonfatal seg fault everytime I boot up that says
something about ficticious disk geometry and everytime it says to run fsck
and reboot then when I reboot it says to run fsck again..  When I boot into
multiuser mode it goes through full bootup and gets to a line that says the
date and time but I never get a login prompt or a shell prompt.  I am new to
BSD, I have some experience with linux on my iMac.  Any comments would be
appreciated.  Also I used the installer to install all of the packages from
mac os.  Is this recomended?  Or should I just install the base, etc, and
kernel from installer then install the others from within BSD?  I don't have
a CD drive for the IIci so I copied the 1.5 files from the CD to a syjet disk
could this cause any trouble?
--
David C. Hacker, DVM
923 B St. #32